DAY 1 QUESTIONS
1. What is the Thomas-Kilman conflict mode instrument?
2. What are the five ways of managing conflict?
3. What is another word for compromise?
4. What is another word for problem solving or collaborating in conflict management?
5. What is the best approach out of the five given for resolving conflict?
6. Discuss the role of the scrum master in resolving conflict?
7. Explain why conflict could be good and beneficial when effectively managed.
8. Whose job is it to resolve conflict on an agile team? trick question
9. To which document your team members refer to when trying to understand the protocol for conflict resolution?
10. What are the five stages of team development and where will conflict most likely emerge?
11. Why should the adjourning stage or mourning stage be avoided at all costs from an agile perspective? or even from a predictive perspective?
12. How does managing conflict differ from claims administration in the procurement chapter?
13. Should conflict ever be escalated to upper management? explain when and why.
14. What are some sources of conflict on teams?
15. What is the difference between managing conflict from a project manager perspective vs a scrum master?
16. What is hyper-norming and why is it bad?
17. Explain why conflict could be viewed as good.
18. What is the difference between compromise/reconcile vs. smooth/accomodate.
19. Why is the mourning stage undesirable in the 5 stages of team development?
20. Explain People Task #1 and all its enablers.