PMI-RMP® Boot Camp
Course description: In today’s world of project management, mastery of risk management is becoming increasingly relevant. The Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP®) credential is a response to project management’s increasing growth, complexity and diversity. Globally recognized and demanded, the credential fills the need for a specialist role in project risk management.
The PMI-RMP® demonstrates skill and competence in the specialized area of project risk management. If you’re looking to fill the risk management specialist role on your project team, hone your basic project management skills and showcase your specialized expertise to employers, the PMI-RMP® credential is for you.
Aligned with the PMI® Practice Standard for Project Risk Management, Risk Management Professional Boot Camp delivers content applicable to the PMI® Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP®) credential. Upon completion, participants will be able to effectively plan risk management, identify risks clearly, prioritize risks, quantify risks, plan responses for both positive and negative risks and effectively monitor and control risks.
This is a hands-on workshop with hands-on risk management activities and discussions pushing the boundaries of risk management practiced (or not practiced) in many organizations. By the end of the course, project managers will adopt a streamlined and defined approach to managing project risks on their individual projects.
Learning objectives: Aligned with the PMI® Practice Standard for Project Risk Management, this Boot Camp delivers content applicable to the PMI® Risk Management Professional PMI-RMP® credential. Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Plan how to manage risks the most effective way possible
- Develop effective risk management plans
- Learn risk management terminology
- Define stakeholder tolerance levels
- Be aware of both positive risks (which many project managers forget) and negative risks
- Identify responsibility of project manager and project stakeholders in Risk Management.
- Determine Risk Management Methodology that is appropriate for the project. Define Risk Management processes, tools and techniques.
- Distinguish project threats from opportunities.
- Demonstrate practical knowledge of key Risk Management techniques (e.g., Expected Monetary Value, Probability and Impact Matrix).
- Create key Risk Management documents and templates (e.g., Risk Register, Risk Management Plan).
- Implement newly learned Risk Management concepts in project work for better results.
- Apply Risk Management concepts to real-world scenarios and effectively manage project risks.
- Be a risk management leader in their respective organizations
- Be familiar with key aspects of project management in the PMBOK® Guide and how they relate to risk
- Be aware of the relevance of project management knowledge areas to the exam
- Study effectively to pass the exam
Class schedule (customizable duration & content)
- LEADING RISK MANAGEMENT
- RISK INFORMATION COLLECTION
- RISK MANAGEMENT PLANNING
- PLANNING RISK REPORTINGDAY 2
Day 2: Part 2: Risk analysis
- RISK IDENTIFICATION
- QUANTITATIVE AND QUALITATIVE RISK ANALYSIS
- RISK PRIORITIZATION
- RISK TOLERANCE AND THRESHOLDS
Day 3: Part 3: Risk Communication
- RISK RESPONSE PLANNING
- CONTINGENCY PLANNING
- COMMUNICATING RISK INFORMATION AND ALTERNATIVES
- LESSONS LEARNED AS A RISK TOOL
- INCREASING RISK MANAGEMENT EFFECTIVENESS
- PLANNING RISK MANAGEMENT
- DEFINING KEY RISK METRICS
- IMPROVING RISK MANAGEMENT QUALITY
- MONITORING RISK EFFECTIVENESS
- INTEGRATION AND PLANNING RISK MANAGEMENT
Day 5: Part 5: Project management basics refresh
- TIME MANAGEMENT CONCEPTS
- COST MANAGEMENT CONCEPTS
- SCOPE MANAGEMENT CONCEPTS
- INTEGRATION CONCEPTS
Product Delivery: Our face-to-face classroom training can be conducted at our facility or at client’s site for a minimum class size of 5 participants. The duration of this course is customizable 2-5 days with additional on-line prep-work via our LMS. Participants are advised to suspend all phone meetings and work activities for the duration of the course. Activities begin at 8.00 AM to 5.00 PM with a break at mid-day. Light refreshments are served through the day.
Participants will receive a study guide, flashcards, dvd and access to labs and quizzes.
Course format: The format of this course is instructor led classroom training with all the attendees in person. Handouts and class materials will be delivered to attendees on or before the first day of study. If you desire that the training be conducted in your facilities, the following formats may be presented during the course by overhead projector on a screen for all attendees to view simultaneously:
- Quicktime (audio-visual)
- PDF (text)
- wmv (audio-visual)
- Flash (audio-visual)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (Presentations)
Terms of service:
- Refund Policy: Due to the nature of our small group training course schedules, we cannot guarantee a refund. A participant who is unable to attend the class may substitute another person 24 hours prior to the start of the class. Where applicable, approval from participant’s manager is required.Refunds are offered based on the following:All cancellation or reschedule requests should be submitted in writing to customer service at email@example.com
- WITHIN 24 HOURS: For cancellation request received within 24 hours of initial registration, a full refund will be granted less a $150 processing fee per participant.
- LESS THAN 24 HOURS: Refunds will not be granted for cancellation request received less than 24 hours before the course start time. Failure to attend the course without prior notification will be considered a “no show” and the full course price will be forfeited.
- 1 TO 14 DAYS: Cancellation request received within 1-14 days prior to the course start time is subject to a penalty of 50% of the total course fee.
- OVER 14 DAYS: Cancellation request received more than 14 days prior to the course start time is subject to a penalty of 25% of the total course fee.
- RESCHEDULE: Reschedule requests will be honored for classroom training. All reschedule requests should be submitted in writing to customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Participants and users may not share an online learning account, username, password or practice test for any reason whatsoever. Sharing of any of this information is strictly forbidden. Should multiple users be detected on an account, the account will be terminated immediately without refund.
- Participants and users may not lease their account to others or use their account for sub-learning and instruction of others. This is strictly forbidden. Should sub-learning be detected on an account, the account will be terminated immediately without refund.
- Participants and users should ensure computer system compatibility with course of study. Before registering, participants and users should ensure the sample tutorials can be viewed on their computer system as no refunds will be given.
- Participants and users must take the practice PMI-RMP® Exam Prep Test themselves. This practice test is expected to be a closed book test. Violation of any of these terms also amounts to a violation of the code of ethics as a prospective PMI-RMP® candidate.