Topics Presented at This Course:
Learn to unlock the power of ALL the knowledge areas through pragmatic, practical hands-on training and development.
Accelerated Live Online Training +
600 Page Book + LMS Access
SIGN UP NOW FOR APPLIED PROJECT MANAGEMENT MASTERCLASS LIVE!
Sun, Mar 12th – Apr 2nd 2023 at 3PM EST
THIS PRICING WILL BE ENDING SOON
BUILD CONFIDENCE ON PMBOK
Application of Knowledge
Unlock Knowledge Areas!
Professionalism and Leadership
What You Will Get with Your Access:
Project Management Textbook
Project Management Essentials will provide you with a solid base to apply the content with PM example templates
3 MONTHS ACCESS TO LMS
Access the content for another 90 days!
HANDOUTS & CHEATSHEET
Support from a community of like minds with expert support via email and invitations to other study sessions
- WORLD-CLASS TRAINING (CLIENTS INCLUDE: NASA, US AIRFORCE, US ARMY, FBI, DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE)
- TRAINING IS HANDS-ON AND PRACTICAL WITH VARIOUS EXAMPLES
- LIVE ONLINE WITH 500 PAGE STUDY GUIDE
- IN THE COMFORT OF YOUR HOME
- LOTS OF INTERACTION WITH YOUR INSTRUCTOR!
- GROUP THINK ABOUT REAL-WORLD SCENARIOS
- GROUP LEARN FROM OTHERS
- HANDS-ON, COLLABORATIVE EXERCISE
- GROUP-THINK ABOUT TRICKY QUESTIONS
- EXERCISES ON A ROBUST LEARNING MANAGEMENT SYSTEM WITH 3 MONTHS OF ACCESS
- INTERATIVE Q&A
- PMBOK® GUIDE, SCRUM GUIDE AND AGILE PRACTICE GUIDE ARE MAIN STUDY GUIDES
- SHORT & SWEET (EASY TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTORS)
ADVANCED project management FOR YOUR EXAM
APPLIED PROJECT MANAGEMENT FOR PRACTITIONERS’ CURRICULUM
The importance of project management cannot be overstated in today’s business world. With increasing competition and constantly changing business environments, it has become imperative for organizations to manage projects effectively to stay ahead of the curve. In this business case, we will explore the benefits of an Applied Project Management Master Class and why it is essential for organizations to invest in this course.
One of the biggest challenges that organizations face is project managers who are certified in PMP but do not know how to apply what they have learned practically. This can lead to a gap between theoretical knowledge and practical application, resulting in ineffective project management practices.
There are several reasons why project managers may struggle to apply their PMP certification practically:
- Lack of Experience: Some project managers may have earned their PMP certification without having practical experience in project management. While PMP certification provides a thorough understanding of project management concepts and principles, without practical experience, it can be difficult to apply these concepts in real-world scenarios.
- Insufficient Training: Some project managers may have received insufficient training in practical project management techniques. While PMP certification provides a comprehensive understanding of project management principles, it may not provide sufficient training in practical techniques, such as risk management, quality control, or communication management.
- Limited Access to Resources: Some project managers may not have access to the necessary resources to implement project management practices effectively. This can include access to project management software, project management tools, or resources to manage project risks or stakeholder communication.
To address this issue, organizations can take several steps to ensure that PMP-certified project managers can apply their knowledge practically:
- Provide Practical Experience: Organizations can provide project managers with practical experience in project management by allowing them to work on projects under experienced project managers. This will give them an opportunity to apply their knowledge practically and learn from experienced project managers.
- Provide Additional Training: Organizations can provide additional training in practical project management techniques, such as risk management, quality control, and communication management. This can be achieved through on-the-job training, mentoring, or external training programs.
- Provide Access to Resources: Organizations can provide project managers with access to the necessary resources to implement project management practices effectively. This can include access to project management software, project management tools, or resources to manage project risks or stakeholder communication.
While PMP certification provides a comprehensive understanding of project management concepts and principles, it may not always provide practical experience or training in practical project management techniques. To address this issue, organizations can provide project managers with practical experience, additional training, and access to resources to ensure that they can apply their knowledge practically and effectively manage projects.
Organizations often struggle to manage projects effectively, leading to project failures, cost overruns, and missed deadlines. Many project managers lack the necessary skills and knowledge to manage projects effectively, resulting in project outcomes that do not meet stakeholder expectations. This can lead to a loss of revenue, damaged reputation, and employee dissatisfaction.
An Applied Project Management Master Class provides a comprehensive understanding of project management principles and practices. The course covers all ten knowledge areas of project management, including Integration, Scope, Schedule, Cost, Quality, Resources, Communications, Risk, Procurement, and Stakeholder management.
The course also includes practical exercises, assignments, and case studies to demonstrate how these concepts are applied in real-world scenarios. By completing this course, students will have a thorough understanding of project management principles and be able to apply them effectively in their organizations.
- Improved Project Outcomes: By investing in an Applied Project Management Master Class, organizations can improve project outcomes by ensuring that their project managers have the necessary skills and knowledge to manage projects effectively. This will lead to projects being delivered on time, within budget, and meeting stakeholder expectations.
- Cost Savings: Effective project management can help organizations save costs by minimizing waste and avoiding project overruns. Project managers who have completed an Applied Project Management Master Class will have the skills to manage project costs effectively and ensure that projects are completed within budget.
- Improved Reputation: Successful project outcomes can enhance an organization’s reputation and help it stand out in a competitive market. An Applied Project Management Master Class can help project managers deliver successful projects, leading to satisfied stakeholders and a positive reputation.
- Employee Satisfaction: Effective project management can lead to employee satisfaction by providing clear project goals, expectations, and roles. An Applied Project Management Master Class can help project managers provide their team with clear direction, leading to increased employee satisfaction and engagement.
In today’s fast-paced business world, effective project management has become essential for organizations to achieve their goals and stay competitive. An Applied Project Management Master Class can provide project managers with the necessary skills and knowledge to manage projects effectively, leading to improved project outcomes, cost savings, improved reputation, and employee satisfaction. Investing in this course is a smart decision for organizations looking to enhance their project management capabilities and achieve their business goals.
About the Trainer
Phill C. Akinwale is a highly experienced project manager who has worked across government and private sectors in various companies such as Motorola, Honeywell, Emerson, Skillsoft, Citigroup, Iron Mountain, Brown and Caldwell, US Airways, and CVS Caremark. With over 15 years of experience training project management across five PMBOK® Guide editions, Phill has trained project management worldwide, including NASA, FBI, USAF, USACE, US Army, and the Department of Transport.
Phill holds eight project management certifications, including four in Agile Project Management (CSM, PMI-ACP, PSM), demonstrating his expertise in both traditional and Agile project management practices. Additionally, Phill is a John Maxwell Certified Coach and Speaker, providing workshops, seminars, keynote speaking, and coaching in leadership and soft skills.
Phill is also an accomplished author, having written several books on project management and leadership, including The No-Good Leader, Earned Value Basics, and Project Management Mid-Level to C-Level.
As a trainer, Phill’s extensive experience in project management across various industries and sectors allows him to provide practical insights and guidance to his students. He is committed to equipping individuals and teams with the knowledge and skills needed to succeed in project management, helping them reach their goals and deliver successful projects.
Applied Project Management Curriculum
Module 1: Integration Management
- Introduction to Integration Management and its importance in project success
- Practical exercise: Create a Project Charter and develop a Project Management Plan
- Assignment: Develop a Project Management Plan for a real-world project
- Case study discussion: Examining successful integration management in large-scale projects
Module 2: Scope Management
- Introduction to Scope Management and how to define project scope
- Practical exercise: Create a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) using PM software or PowerPoint
- Assignment: Develop a WBS for a real-world project
- Case study discussion: Examining scope changes and their impact on project outcomes
Module 3: Schedule Management
- Introduction to Schedule Management and how to develop project schedules in MS Project and Smartsheet
- Practical exercise: Develop a project schedule using Gantt charts and network diagrams
- Assignment: Develop a project schedule for a real-world project
- Case study discussion: Examining schedule delays and their impact on project outcomes
Module 4: Cost Management
- Introduction to Cost Management and how to manage project budgets in Excel and MS Project and Smartsheet
- Practical exercise: Create a project budget and track project costs
- Assignment: Develop a project budget for a real-world project and track actual costs
- Case study discussion: Examining cost overruns and their impact on project outcomes
Module 5: Quality Management
- Introduction to Quality Management and how to ensure project quality
- Practical exercise: Develop a Quality Management Plan and implement quality control activities
- Assignment: Develop a Quality Management Plan for a real-world project and conduct quality control activities
- Case study discussion: Examining successful quality management practices in projects
Module 6: Resource Management
- Introduction to Resource Management and how to manage project resources
- Practical exercise: Create a Resource Management Plan and assign resources to project tasks
- Assignment: Develop a Resource Management Plan for a real-world project and assign resources to project tasks
- Case study discussion: Examining resource allocation challenges and their impact on project outcomes
Module 7: Communications Management
- Introduction to Communications Management and how to develop a project communication plan
- Practical exercise: Develop a Project Communications Plan and conduct stakeholder analysis
- Assignment: Develop a Project Communications Plan for a real-world project and conduct stakeholder analysis
- Case study discussion: Examining effective communication practices in project management
Module 8: Risk Management
- Introduction to Risk Management and how to manage project risks
- Practical exercise: Develop a Risk Management Plan and conduct risk analysis and response planning
- Assignment: Develop a Risk Management Plan for a real-world project and conduct risk analysis and response planning
- Case study discussion: Examining successful risk management practices in projects
Module 9: Procurement Management
- Introduction to Procurement Management and how to manage project procurements
- Practical exercise: Develop a Procurement Management Plan and conduct procurement activities
- Assignment: Develop a Procurement Management Plan for a real-world project and conduct procurement activities
- Case study discussion: Examining procurement challenges and their impact on project outcomes
Module 10: Stakeholder Management
- Introduction to Stakeholder Management and how to manage project stakeholders
- Practical exercise: Develop a Stakeholder Management Plan and identify project stakeholders
- Assignment: Develop a Stakeholder Management Plan for a real-world project and manage project stakeholders
- Case study discussion: Examining effective stakeholder management practices in project management
Module 11: Leadership in the world of Project Management
- Introduction to leadership and how to lead as a project manager.
- 5 levels of leadership
- 21 steps to leadership roadmap
Module 12: Hybridization in the Real World
Introduction to Hybrid Project Management
- Definition of hybrid project management
- Benefits of using hybrid approaches
- Examples of successful hybrid project management projects
- Situations Where a Hybrid Approach is Appropriate
- Identifying project characteristics that are best suited to hybrid approaches
- Identifying stakeholders who are supportive of hybrid approaches
- Evaluating the potential risks and challenges of hybrid approaches
- Applying Hybrid Project Management Approaches
- Combining traditional and Agile methodologies in project management
- Identifying appropriate tools and techniques for hybrid approaches
- Developing a hybrid project management plan and implementing it effectively
- Developing a Hybrid Project Management Plan
- Developing a project management plan that incorporates hybrid approaches
- Identifying key project objectives and deliverables
- Developing a project timeline and budget that incorporates both traditional and Agile methodologies
Case Study: Analyzing successful hybrid project management projects
- Students will analyze case studies of successful hybrid project management projects to understand how hybrid approaches can be applied effectively.
- Practical Exercise: Developing a Hybrid Project Management Plan
- Students will work in groups to develop a hybrid project management plan for a real-world project, incorporating both traditional and Agile methodologies.
- Discussion: Identifying Situations Where Hybrid Approaches are Appropriate
- Students will participate in a discussion on identifying situations where hybrid approaches may be appropriate, considering project characteristics, stakeholders, and potential risks and challenges.
Overall, this curriculum covers each knowledge area of project management and provides practical exercises, assignments, and case studies to demonstrate how these concepts are applied in real-world scenarios. By completing this course, students will have a thorough understanding of project management principles and be able to apply them effectively in their work.
Live: Phill C. Akinwale, PMP, ACP, CSM, PSM, PSPO
We're proud to serve from small to some of the biggest companies in America
We have hundreds of satisfied students!
terms of service
The subscription commences within the first 24 hours of you receiving your registration username and password (on or after the delivery date). Users should keep this reference email to keep track of the time left for your subscription. Users MAY NOT share video access, an online learning account or practice exam for any reason whatsoever. Sharing your username and password is strictly forbidden. Should multiple users be detected on an account, it will be closed immediately without refund. Users MAY NOT lease their account to others or use their account for sublearning and instruction of others. This is strictly forbidden. Ensure that your computer system is compatible with your course of study. Ensure the sample tutorial can be viewed on your system before making a purchase as no refunds will be given. Ensure you are able to log in.
Phill Akinwale is a great motivational trainer. His very personable and caring manner puts students at ease instantly. He truly cares for all of his students. He has brilliant knowledge of the PMBOK.
My preparation for the PMP test focused 100% Phill’s books, test prep materials and notes from his class. His intensive “boot camp” gave me the edge I needed to pass the test on the first attempt. As a Marine Colonel, I have been through hundreds of training classes- Phill is a cut above. I would seek him out for his outstanding training. He has the professional standards of a Marine!
Phill’s PMP course contains everything you need to pass the test, but Phill makes it come alive in his presentations. He has very deep knowledge about the subject, and a way of getting it across that draws you in and keeps you excited about it.
He teaches you to “think like PMI”. He is personally interested in each of his students, and provides mentoring that goes beyond the course work.
Phill led our on-line PMP sessions and mentored candidates after the live training completed. I quickly appreciated his expertise and passion for Project Management and his willingness to help everyone with any question or concern. Phill was always willing to delve into a subject after class and explain any aspect of Project Management in whatever detail was needed for the students’ understanding.
After successfully passing the PMP, I can now enthusiastically report, Phill and Praizion Media are “on-track” with their excellent materials, preparation and personal attention to students. I learned something new and valuable in every session as well as being able to test my knowledge on the spot. In particular, I appreciated Phill’s willingness to answer questions out of class either on the phone or through email. He is a professional who truly cares about his profession as well as the students under his care – an unbeatable combination!
Phill not only conducted an excellent course to prepare me for the PMP exam, but his enthusiasm and expertise of the subject matter were truly an inspiration.
He is passionate about the subject matter, and it shows in the course he has put together, and the continued support he gives after the class has finished. Both Phill and his course are a class act, and I would recommend both without hesitation.
Phill and his company constructed an excellent, comprehensive training program that prepared me for the PMP exam. The training program included audio and video presentations, online tests, and many preparation tools, as well as an intense week-long classroom training class.
He is very enthusiastic and is an expert on the subject. Phill is an excellent teacher and relates well to the people he is training. I would sincerely recommend Phill and his company for anyone wishing to complete the PMP exam.
Phill was my instuctor for my 35 hour PMP classroom training but his support, availability and keeping us accountable to our studies went way beyond the classroom. I passed the exam on November 18, 2010 on my first try because of Phill and his support. Phill’s classes and mock quizzes/exams were not easy because he knew to push us to be sure we were prepared for the rigors for the exam.
Phil provided us with an extensive amount of tools and techniques to help us study as well as coordinated Saturday webinars that allowed us to personally ask questions, review material and learn from others who had passed the exam. I do not believe I would have passed on my first try without Phill’s instruction, involvement and dedication. Thank you Phill for your continued support and eagerness to see us succeed even after the class was over